UCX implementation[edit source]
Hi! I’m Héctor, one of the Fandom Community Managers. I’m here to talk with you about the upcoming changes we will experiment on the wikis when the new UCX will be released. As a result, we’ll have to adapt the current content - mainly the design and implemented code - to ensure they’re compatible and operational.
Specifically talking, the UCX will mainly affect the Frontpage, the design (logo, background, favicon, themes), the CSS/JS used and some templates that should adapt their look to it. While the wiki will still be migrated some weeks later, I’m here to work alongside you to anticipate all the work regarding review, improvements and adaptation to the new skin.
If you agree, I’ll start soon, reviewing the mentioned elements and describing to you what work should be done. For the case of the design, I can work with the future version, that will be working once the wiki will be migrated. Regarding the frontpage, templates and the code, I can work and implement the changes now, to have them properly working both in the present and the future, but having all the changes done in advance.
- Hi Héctor. Been a bit busy with work stuff of late, but if there's anything I can do to help with the updates (it's been awhile since I've edited the front page) please let me know. — Arirthos (talk) 22:04, 11 May 2021 (UTC)
- Huzzah! Thanks for the help! — Arirthos (talk) 22:10, 19 May 2021 (UTC)
Opt-in release[edit source]
Hello again! As I also explained to you on the SWTOR Wiki, the opt-in exploration is available to you now! Let me know if you have any comment about my adaptation work here! --CuBaN VeRcEttI (Contact) 20:55, 1 June 2021 (UTC)
- Hey, hey. Looks good so far. The infoboxes look a bit off, however. For example with Chert, Race/Planet/Location looks like a bit of a grey mess. Can we tighten that up a bit, you think?
- Also, it seems my profile no longer exists? Is that a thing with the UCX that each wiki no longer uses the enhanced profile like how I have on the SWTOR wiki — Arirthos (talk) 22:58, 3 June 2021 (UTC)
- What I actually did with the infoboxes, and concretely with the labels background, is using a CSS variable, based in the secondary page background (in other words, the background color for the right rail). I concretely didn't set this color, but others, but it's automatically set by the system to fit with a readable palette. The reason why I did it was to have it compatible with both themes (you can go to the ThemeDesigner and check the infobox is currently compatible with the light theme at the same time). The color looks really well and according to the overall design, but just in case, what color would you prefer?
- Regarding the profile, it seems UserProfile:Arirthos is created and working. AFAIK, as with the Hydra skin, each user could see the UserProfile page or the User page depending their personal preferences set. I personally always try to create a User page in each wiki, even if I have the UserProfile page. --CuBaN VeRcEttI (Contact) 08:51, 4 June 2021 (UTC)
- Interesting. It seems to work rather well with the default light theme (I assume you haven't touched anything on that end at all? Looks like there's no background or anything there, either.), but it looks a bit odd on the dark theme where you have the curved edges on the headings leaving these little dots of black in the infobox between each heading. Not sure if I'm explaining that right.
- Curious. When I look at this page, the link to my personal user page shows up as red as if it doesn't exist? — Arirthos (talk) 15:48, 4 June 2021 (UTC)