Root was a Nomai scientist who worked in the Black Hole Forge along with Clary and Poke to create the warp cores that power the various warps throughout the Solar System, including the towers on Ash Twin.
Root was the one who proposed building the towers to connect Ash Twin to each location that was critical to the Ash Twin Project He installed the warp cores and delivered them, but initially had difficulty figuring out where each one was supposed to go. He also tested Timber Hearth ore in Hollow's Lantern to see which one survived the longest in direct heat to seal off the Ash Twin Project.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Root is named after plant roots, which serve to anchor the plant as well as provide water and nutrients.
References[edit | edit source]
- "ROOT: What if we used warp towers (like the one we have on the White Hole Station) to connect Ash Twin directly to each critical location?" "CLARY: Poke, Root, and I can begin work on this immediately in the Black Hole Forge (this will keep us busy!)."
- "CLARY: Here’s our first delivery, Yarrow: one warp core, fresh from the Black Hole Forge! Root is installing this core’s sibling on Brittle Hollow as I write this."
- "ROOT: Where am I taking this first black hole core? (And where am I taking the remaining cores once they’re ready?)"
- "ROOT: Friends in the Timber Hearth Mines, the last type of ore you sent us survives the longest in direct heat." "ROOT: My gratitude! I imagine we’ll also have an updated estimate soon of how much ore is needed to seal off the Ash Twin Project."